By Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen
Beyond Mentoring: A consultant for Librarians and data Professionals appears at mentorship, mentorship courses, what works, what doesn’t, and diversified innovations, akin to staff and peer mentoring. The publication considers many elements of mentoring, quite a few courses, and their successes and screw ups, going past the standard forms of mentoring via more recent types.
An instance of the cohort version from the yank Library organization rising chief version is incorporated as a case research. additionally, one other case learn at the Sunshine kingdom management Institute offers a toolkit for development your personal application.
The ultimate portion of the booklet bargains views and instruments that folks can use in designing their very own courses.
- Provides case experiences and views from librarians who've been excited by mentoring programs
- Describes software varieties that transcend conventional mentoring, together with peer-to-peer and cohort or staff mentoring
- Gives functional recommendation to aid readers observe most sensible practices to their very own situations
- Offers a hands-on viewpoint of this system layout process
Read Online or Download Beyond Mentoring: A Guide for Librarians and Information Professionals PDF
Best library & information science books
In those difficult monetary instances, investment possibilities have reduced, whereas festival for monies has elevated. therefore, this how-to consultant is a needs to for someone drawn to writing, deciding to buy, and imposing gives you. Designed for libraries and nonprofit companies, move Get That provide! contains information regarding varieties of supplies to be had via executive organizations and foundations, in addition to the right way to find investment possibilities.
Scholars come to the varsity library each day with questions starting from “How many of us stay in China? ” to “I have to learn the way the sunlight all started for my technology paper. ” assisting scholars locate the solutions to their questions is likely one of the most crucial duties university librarians have. In advent to Reference and knowledge providers in modern institution Library, certainly one of America’s most effective university library educators covers the A-Z of either reference and knowledge companies for today’s library.
Parts of knowledge association and Dissemination presents info on the right way to set up and disseminate library and data technological know-how (LIS), a topic that's taught in lots of overseas Library details technological know-how collage courses. whereas there are lots of books overlaying varied parts of the topic individually, this e-book covers the full topic sector and accommodates the most recent advancements.
- Libraries of Light: British public library design in the long 1960s
- Barriers to Information: How Formal Help Systems Fail Battered Women: How Formal Help Systems Fail to Help Battered Women (Contributions in Librarianship & Information Science)
- Customizing Vendor Systems for Better User Experiences: The Innovative Librarian's Guide: The Innovative Librarian's Guide
- Informing Innovation: Tracking Student Interest in Emerging Library Technologies at Ohio University
Additional resources for Beyond Mentoring: A Guide for Librarians and Information Professionals