By David Russell Mosley
Read or Download Being Deified: Poetry and Fantasy on the Path to God (Emerging Scholars) PDF
Best christian theology books
Cosmic Grace, Humble Prayer offers the robust ecological imaginative and prescient of Patriarch Bartholomew, drawing jointly a accomplished selection of his church statements and coffee addresses, a few to be had in English in simple terms right here. This moment variation offers an up-to-date collection of letters and addresses via the Patriarch, together with such statements from 2003 to 2007.
Devotion to the crucified Christ is without doubt one of the so much wide-spread, but such a lot disconcerting artifacts of medieval eu civilization. How and why did the photographs of the demise God-man and his grieving mom in achieving such prominence, inspiring exceptional spiritual creativity besides such imitative extremes as celibacy and self-flagellation?
Attractive variously with the legacy of Paul L. Lehmann, those essays argue for a reorientation in Christian theology that larger honours the formative strength of the gospel to animate and form doctrine and witness, in addition to moral and political lifestyles. The authors discover key topics in Christian theology and ethics - forgiveness, discernment, accountability, spirituality, the current day projects of theology and the position of religion in public lifestyles - making simple the unabated value of Lehmann's paintings at this juncture in modern theology.
How may still we relate to 'others' - these inside of a selected culture, these of other traditions, and those that are oppressed? within the mild of those anxieties, and construction at the paintings of Andrew Shanks, this e-book bargains a imaginative and prescient of Christ as 'the Shaken One', rooted in group with others. formed via discussion with the theologies of John Hick and Lesslie Newbigin, Adams urges Christian groups to wait extra deeply to the calls for of ecumenical, dialogical and political theologies, to include an ever larger 'solidarity of others' - a top quality of group larger demonstrating Christlike 'other-regard'.
- The Unbound God: Slavery and the Formation of Early Christian Thought (Routledge Studies in the Early Christian World)
- Biblical Theology of OT and NT: Theological Reflection of the Christian Bible
- God in Postliberal Perspective: Between Realism and Non-Realism (Transcending Boundaries in Philosophy and Theology)
- Engaging with Contemporary Culture: Christianity, Theology and the Concrete Church (Explorations in Practical, Pastoral and Empirical Theology)
- The Cross and Reaganomics: Conservative Christians Defending Ronald Reagan
- Images of the Mother of God: Perceptions of the Theotokos in Byzantium
Additional info for Being Deified: Poetry and Fantasy on the Path to God (Emerging Scholars)