By Barbara Voorhies
The stories performed at Tlacuachero are particularly major in gentle of the truth that data-rich lowland websites from the Archaic interval are terribly infrequent; the wealth of data gleaned from the flooring of the Tlacuachero shellmound can now be broadly appreciated.
Read or Download An Archaic Mexican Shellmound and Its Entombed Floors (Monographs Book 80) PDF
Best archaeology books
This quantity reconstructs the historical past of documentary perform in pharaonic Egypt from the early previous nation to the main administrative adjustments imposed by way of the colonizing regimes of the Graeco-Roman interval. concerning administrative and felony perform to the actual practicalities of the media used for writing, and during the shut studying of basic textual resources, it examines how types of records - deepest and reputable - have been created and used.
During this ebook, the authors research manifestations of transmedia storytelling in numerous old classes and international locations, spanning the united kingdom, the united states and Argentina. It takes us into the worlds of Conan the Barbarian, Superman and El Eternauta, introduces us to the archaeology of transmedia, and reinstates the truth that it is not a brand new phenomenon.
Over the last decade, facts has been mounting that our ancestors constructed abilities to sail throughout huge our bodies of water early in prehistory. during this attention-grabbing quantity, Alan Simmons summarizes and synthesizes the facts for prehistoric seafaring and island habitation world wide, then makes a speciality of the Mediterranean.
UNESCO goals to take on Africa’s under-representation on its global background record by means of inscribing cases of 19th- and twentieth-century glossy structure and concrete making plans there. yet, what's one to make of the utopias of development and improvement for which those constructions and websites stand? in the end, trouble for ‘modern history’ invariably—and mockingly it seems—has to reckon with these utopias as not easy futures of the earlier, a situation complicating intentions to maintain a up to date ‘culture’ of modernization at the African continent.
- Archaeology and Preservation of Gendered Landscapes
- Beyond Collapse: Archaeological Perspectives on Resilience, Revitalization, and Transformation in Complex Societies (Visiting Scholar Conference Volumes: ... Investigations Occasional Paper No. 42)
- Excavating Nauvoo: The Mormons and the Rise of Historical Archaeology in America (Critical Studies in the History of Anthropology)
- Fortified Settlements in Early Medieval Europe: Defended Communities of the 8th-10th Centuries
- Egyptology: The Missing Millennium: Ancient Egypt in Medieval Arabic Writings (UNIV COL LONDON INST ARCH PUB)
- Mesoamerican Plazas: Arenas of Community and Power
Extra resources for An Archaic Mexican Shellmound and Its Entombed Floors (Monographs Book 80)