By Carl-Gustaf Scott
Read or Download African Footballers in Sweden: Race, Immigration, and Integration in the Age of Globalization PDF
Similar african history books
Medieval Islamic society set nice shop through the transmission of heritage: to edify, argue felony issues, clarify current stipulations, provide political and spiritual legitimacy, and entertain. glossy students, too, have had a lot to claim in regards to the usefulness of early Islamic history-writing, even though this debate has commonly centred overwhelmingly at the valuable Islamic lands.
In-depth, illustrated exploration of the way early North African Christians lived out their religion utilizing a mix of literary and archeological proof, this in-depth, illustrated e-book records the improvement of Christian practices and doctrine in Roman Africa -- modern Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco -- from the second one century throughout the Arab conquest within the 7th century.
This article demanding situations present writing on ‘Abd al-Qādir al-Jazā'irī which divides his lifestyles into juxtaposed stages separated by way of narratives of conversion: from Francophobia to Francophilia, from militarism to pacifism, from activism to quietism, from Islamism to pluralism, from politics to faith.
The inspiration of Anomy is a set of essays compiled from 40 years of addresses and lectures by way of the celebrated Nigerian author and student Femi Osofisan, who additionally is going through the pen identify Okinba Launko. Coming from one of many significant figures of the modern literary scene in Africa, those essays are candid, thought-provoking, and scintillating.
- Waste of a White Skin: The Carnegie Corporation and the Racial Logic of White Vulnerability
- Islam, Democracy and the State in Algeria: Lessons for the Western Mediterranean and Beyond
- Democratic Renewal in Africa: Trends and Discourses
- The Theatres of Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia: Performance Traditions of the Maghreb (Studies in International Performance)
- Jihad and its Interpretation in Pre-Colonial Morocco: State-Society Relations during the French Conquest of Algeria
Additional info for African Footballers in Sweden: Race, Immigration, and Integration in the Age of Globalization