By D. T. Potts
- Features updated surveys and the most recent info from significant new excavations resembling Qatna (Syria), Göbekli Tepe (Turkey)
- Includes a various diversity of views through senior, mid-career and junior students in Europe, united states, Britain, Australia, and the center East for a very foreign group
- Includes significant experiences of the origins of agriculture, animal domestication, and archaeological landscapes
- Includes chapters facing sessions after the arriving of Alexander the nice, together with reports of the Seleucid, Arsacid, Sasanian, Roman and Byzantine empires within the close to East, in addition to early Christianity in either the Levant and Mesopotamia
- Fills a spot in literature of the traditional close to East, facing themes frequently ignored, together with moral and criminal concerns in antiquities markets and overseas scholarship
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Archaeology of the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar archaeology books
This quantity reconstructs the historical past of documentary perform in pharaonic Egypt from the early previous nation to the most important administrative alterations imposed by way of the colonizing regimes of the Graeco-Roman interval. bearing on administrative and criminal perform to the actual practicalities of the media used for writing, and during the shut interpreting of basic textual resources, it examines how kinds of records - inner most and respectable - have been created and used.
During this ebook, the authors research manifestations of transmedia storytelling in numerous ancient sessions and nations, spanning the united kingdom, the U.S. and Argentina. It takes us into the worlds of Conan the Barbarian, Superman and El Eternauta, introduces us to the archaeology of transmedia, and reinstates the truth that it is not a brand new phenomenon.
During the last decade, proof has been mounting that our ancestors built talents to sail throughout huge our bodies of water early in prehistory. during this interesting quantity, Alan Simmons summarizes and synthesizes the proof for prehistoric seafaring and island habitation around the globe, then makes a speciality of the Mediterranean.
UNESCO goals to take on Africa’s under-representation on its global historical past checklist by way of inscribing cases of 19th- and twentieth-century smooth structure and concrete making plans there. yet, what's one to make of the utopias of development and improvement for which those constructions and websites stand? finally, situation for ‘modern background’ invariably—and satirically it seems—has to reckon with these utopias as not easy futures of the prior, a condition complicating intentions to maintain a contemporary ‘culture’ of modernization at the African continent.
- Pre-Inca and Inca Pottery: Quebrada de Humahuaca, Argentina (The Latin American Studies Book Series)
- Moving on in Neolithic Studies: Understanding Mobile Lives (Neolithic Studies Group Seminar Papers)
- Cultural Landscape Management at Borobudur, Indonesia (SpringerBriefs in Archaeology)
- Ancient Fortifications: A Compendium of Theory and Practice
- Plain Pottery Traditions of the Eastern Mediterranean and Near East: Production, Use, and Social Significance (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications)
- A Consumer's Guide to Archaeological Science: Analytical Techniques (Manuals in Archaeological Method, Theory and Technique)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Archaeology of the Ancient Near East (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)