By Melvin Small
- Examines the valuable arguments and scholarly debates that encompass his time period in office
- Explores Nixon’s legacy and the historic importance of his years as president
- Covers the entire diversity of issues, from his campaigns for Congress, to his occupation as Vice-President, to his presidency and Watergate
- Makes large use of the hot paper and digital releases from the Nixon Presidential fabrics Project
Read or Download A Companion to Richard M. Nixon (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
Nuclear catastrophe at Fukushima Daiichi is a well timed and groundbreaking account of the worrying panorama of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear meltdown amidst an earthquake and tsunami on Japan’s northeast beach on March eleven, 2011. It offers riveting insights into the social and political panorama of nuclear strength improvement in Japan, which considerably contributed to the catastrophe; the incorrect catastrophe administration ideas taken; and the political, technical, and social reactions because the twist of fate opened up.
The transformation of the BRIC acronym from an funding time period right into a loved ones identify of foreign politics and, extra lately, right into a semi-institutionalized political outfit (called BRICS, with a capital ‘S’), is likely one of the defining advancements in foreign politics long ago decade. whereas the idea that is now familiar within the normal public debate and foreign media, there has no longer but been a accomplished and scholarly research of the background of the BRICS time period.
The premier for Congress classes for over 30 yearsCongress and Its participants, 16th variation, through Roger H. Davidson, Walter J. Oleszek, Frances E. Lee, and Eric Schickler, deals readers present, entire assurance of Congress and the legislative procedure by way of interpreting the stress among Congress as a lawmaking establishment and as a set of politicians consistently seeking re-election.
Generations in the past, playing in the US used to be a bootleg task, ruled by way of gangsters like Benny Binion and Bugsy Siegel. this present day, forty-eight out of 50 states allow a few type of criminal playing, and America’s governors sit down on the head of the gaming desk. yet have states turn into hooked on the profit playing can convey?
- Handbook of Research on Urban Politics and Policy in the United States (Handbook of Research on Urban Politics & Policy in the Unite)
- A New City O/S: The Power of Distributed Governance
- Knowledge Systems and Change in Climate Governance: Comparing India and South Africa (Routledge Advances in Climate Change Research)
- Politics, Religion and Gender: Framing and Regulating the Veil (Routledge Studies in Religion and Politics)
- Arming Asia: Technonationalism and its Impact on Local Defense Industries (Routledge Security in Asia Series)
- Military Soft Power: Public Diplomacy through Military Educational Exchanges
Extra info for A Companion to Richard M. Nixon (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)